Spring is probably the best time for maintenance on your automobile. Since summer is right around the corner preparation is essential to keep your summer driving plans on schedule and your vacation without any unwanted interruptions due to lack of maintenance on your car, truck or SUV.
Eli's Service Station in Arlington, MA offers the following tips to get your vehicle ready for summer.
- Always read your vehicles owner's manual and follow the recommended service schedules.
- Rough idling, stalling, hard starts should be fixed before hot weather sets in.
- Your cooling system/radiator should be flushed and refilled per the recommendations of the service manual. Periodically check the coolant level condition and concentration. If you’re not into doing it yourself the technicians at Eli's Service Station can. Schedule service today. Call 781-648-9833.
- Have our technicians check the condition of the belts, hoses and clamps
- If your air conditioning system is not putting out the cold air it once did then have us inspect the system. It may need to be recharged.
- This is a good time to have your oil and oil filter changed. Your owner’s manual can recommend how often to change your oil and filter.
- Have your vehicles other filters (fuel, air, cabin, PCV, etc.) inspected and changed if necessary or as recommended.
- Don’t neglect your tires! Have the condition and pressure of your tires checked.
- Inspect your headlights, turn signals, brake lights and interior lights. Replace any burned out lights or malfunctioning brake and directional lights.
- Replace worn wiper blades.